Thursday, June 30, 2011

My Marina

I have a new finished object and I can't wait to show it off!


Here is my Marina.

I was looking for a quick project to knit and while trolling the Ravelry boards I noticed  the June KAL for the WoollyWormhead hats group. Tebe Slouch. Cute pattern. I love Woolly's designs so I decided to purchase the pattern. Then I noticed the sale - buy 2 patterns and get one free. Well, I couldn't pass that up so I also got the Mayrose and Marina patterns.


The marina appealed to me right away. I like the sideways construction. I had previously made the Abalone hat from Woolly Wormhead's "Going Straight" book with a Noro Taiyo, a 40% Cotton, 30% Silk, 15% Nylon, 15% Wool blend. I just bought a similar yarn over the weekend - Noro Chirimen - 60% Cotton, 24% Silk, 16% Wool. This kind of blend works really well for hats for me because I'm sensitive to wool. This yarn is very comfortable to wear against my skin.


Loved knitting this hat. Love how it came out. So simple. So cute. One skein. Super quick.

Now that it's summer I'm already dreaming of cooler weather so I can wear it.

No comments: