Monday, June 9, 2008

Gecko Scarf




Here is the Gecko Scarf I started recently. I don't know what posessed me to start another project!! I've got so many things going as it is. I started a second job working evenings so I haven't had all that much time for knitting lately, or blogging. So, I started this simple garter stitch scarf to take with me to work. This pattern is from Morehouse farm... I still have the yarn from the kit. I'm using Lion Brand Cotton-Ease for this one -my new fav yarn (for the moment). I can't wear wool, so I'm making this one for myself. I was really anxious to see these colors work up together. The taupe is very similar to the color that came with the kit. I added the eyes as soon as I could, to give this little guy some character as I knit him up. I like how it's coming out so far, I'll probably be working on this one for a while.

I am also working on a test/sample knit for SWTC using Phoenix. It is a sleeveless top and jacket set. I've got the top done, besides weaving in the ends, I just have to take a pic of it finished. Here is what it looked like in progress...


I am about halfway done with the jacket.

I'm still working on the Scaredy Bat Sweater but all projects are pretty much on hold until I get the Phoenix set done.

As for the socks on two circulars... one sock is done. More about that later!

2 comments:

Smitten Knitten said...

I really like those two colors together on that scarf. I also can't wait to hear about your sock on circs adventure :).

Jill L said...

Very cool socks and I love the stitch pattern for your jacket -- great projects!