Friday, August 8, 2008

Phoenix Phun is Done!


I completed the "Phoenix Phun" set ... a few weeks ago?!! (Wow, I guess I haven't blogged in a while!) It is a tank and cropped jacket knit as a sample for SWTC. You can find the pattern on ravelry here.
Sorry about the terrible photos - I was in a rush to get it off in the mail. These photos make it look red, but it's actually a dark rose color. The tank has a cascading rib which is very striking. The edges of both pieces are finished with crab stitch (reverse single crochet.) It is knit in South West Trading Company "Phooenix" which is a tape/ribbon yarn made out of soy. The yarn is very soft and drapey, but it did twist up a bit on me as I was knitting with it.

I received 10 skeins of "Bamboo" as payment in the tequilla color( a variegated orange-red-brown), along with my next project, which I've been working on non-stop.