Sunday, April 13, 2008

Dangerous Business

I recently finished two projects for my Lys. A baby blanket in Plymouth Heaven Lite...
and a Ribbed Watch Cap in Plymouth Encore.
Knitting for the local yarn shop is dangerous business. Only because I end up spending wayyyy tooo much money there. As if I need more yarn right now. Well, I did have to get some sock yarn to try out knitting with two circulars. I got the book "Socks soar on two circulars" by Cat Bordhi from the inter-library loan, and I couldn't wait even one day before trying it. So when I dropped off these two projects I decided to splurge on some wonderful sock yarn. And of course I needed two circulars. I've never had Addi turbos before. I got one 24" lace and one 16" nickel-plated in size 2. I broke one of my size 2 dpns so I should've gotten more of those... I guess I can just finish my tofutsies short socks on two circulars now. But I had to try out my new yarn first. I got one skein of Lana Grossa Mielenweit Fun & Stripes in Blue, Orange and Green. I cast on last night for the Basic Socks in 2x2 ribbing. Knitting on two circulars is really easy - the only part I needed the book for is to know how to do the beginning join. Although, I do love the book - there are some inspiring designs in it. At this point I don't know whether I'll follow the directions exactly or use the sock construction techniques I learned from "Sensational Knitted Socks." I also splurged on 2 skeins of Lorna's Laces Shephard sock in a pretty blue/green and purple combination that my son picked out. Because I had my son with me I also had to get something for him. He was begging me for the knitted cord maker. It's a little tricky to start but he's having fun cranking out cord and knitting along with Mommy.

No comments: