Friday, April 11, 2008

Bob


I've been thinking that It's been a while since I knit myself a sweater... I've been knitting so much for other people I thought it was high time I made something for myself. A long sleeve sweater is somewhat of a commitment, though - i usually get bored with large projects and move on to something else. Besides, wasn't it like 70 degrees yesterday? Not quite sweater weather. Then I found this pattern for "Bob" with Short-sleeves. It's knit in the round - seamless! with waist shaping and those raglan sleeves that I love -okay, there is a little seaming... So I cast on with some yarn i had (Caron simply soft) just to get a feel for the pattern and sizing - if I like it maybe i'll make another with nicer yarn. I'm not super crazy about the rib pattern on the yoke - but I'll give it a try. Sometimes I think I totally hate a design element and I fall in love with it afterwards. Go figure. Right now I am working on the front raglan shaping. I think in about a week I'll have a new Spring sweater to wear.

No comments: