Sunday, July 26, 2009
FO - The Wonderful Wallaby
I recetntly finished my a seamless sweater for my son. Because of the unusual weather in Connecticut this summer, he's actually been able to wear it a few times already! I finished it on Tuesday and tried it on my little man right away. All the ends were not sewn in yet, but he wouldn't take it off!
Here is a link to my Ravelry Project Page.
pattern - "The Wonderful Wallaby" by Cottoage Creations.
Yarn - Knitpicks "Comfy" cotton/acrylic, machine washable and dryable.
MC Planetarium (Navy Blue), CC Siver Sage (silvery light green), CC Ivory
Needles - size 6 and 8 24" knitpicks Harmony circulars. size 6 clover dpns
One of the tips on my size 6 broke but I called knitpicks and they shipped a new set of tips out right away - I think I got them 2 days later.
Size 8 - Warren Wallaby - for my almost-7-year-old
Mods - I added 2 inches to the length of the body and sleeves.
For the body I cast on the total number of body stitches and did not do increases after ribbing.
For the sleeves I did gradual increases instead of all at once after ribbing.
Sleeve ribbing is 2" instead of 3"
I did the k1,yo method for picking up stitches for the pocket but wasn't happy with it so ripped back and did kfb, placing extra sts on holder.
I added an R2D2 intarsia motif to to the pocket.
For the placket I made sure the garter ridges matched up.
For the hood - I did the "Less pointy" version by decreasing 2 sts every other row (with 2 sts between decreases) starting 2 1/2" before the end of hood.
The pictures of Zady wearing the sweater are after it was machine washed and dried. It washed really well and overall I think it came out great!