Sunday, January 25, 2009

Macaroni and Tv, Please

My current mindless knitting project is a garter stitch blanket. I am working it in strips of 13" blocks, in this really bright orange and white. I plan to work 5 blocks per strip with a total of either 5 or 7 strips. I used Caron simply soft and size 10 1/2 needles for a slightly loose gauge. This blanket is so easy I can pick it up anytime, anywhere and knit, knit, knit!

My son named this the Macaroni Blanket. "Oh, because of the color", I said. He said, "No, because the stitches look like macaroni." I guess the garter stitch bumps DO look a little like macaroni elbows...

2 comments:

Jill L said...

Cute that he named it "Macaroni". I love mindlessknitting every-once-in-awhile, don't you?

Joansie said...

Nice job! I find those projects that you can pick up and knit anywhere, anytime are a great stress reliever.