Tuesday, January 8, 2008

A Very Knitty Christmas



I hope everyone had a great time over the Holidays! I was just realizing that all of the knitted gifts I made came from free patterns at Knitty.com -didn't really plan it that way - thay just have such great patterns...
The picture above is of the Branching Out Scarf knit with Ornaghi Filati bamboo in "peach." I love how this scarf came out!!- so soft and luxurious feeling. I think the total length was 60" but I didn't get a pic of the final project because I had to wrap it immediately after finishing it - on Christmas Eve! I didn't even bother blocking it... My bad. Here is another pic of it in progress -


I made 2 pair of the Fetching wrist warmers out of Lana Grossa Bingo each in adifferent shade of blue. Size 6 dpns - they came out a bit snug... Here is a pic of one -which I already posted on this blog - the other I didn't get a chance to photograph.



And then there was the Foliage Hat in Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride worsted "Orchid Thistle" - also on size 6 dpns - ribbing in size 5. Again, a little snug...



My mom only got half a gift because I didn't like how tight the cuff was on the Knucks fingerless gloves. Competely my fault for doing just a regular bind off. But she tried the one I had finished on and said that she liked it the cuff didn't really bother her. They are made in Noro Shikisai on size 4 dpns... Below you will see the lonely one -



I actually did make something that didn't originate from Knitty for one of my sister-in-laws but we didn't end up exchanging gifts - (yet?) I'll be happy to keep this one to myself. It is a washcloth from a Fiber Trends pattern...Bathtime Blossoms. This one is called "Old Shale" - I meant to do the soap sack as well but never got around to it. I used Rowan 4-ply cotton and size 4 dpns. It was a little challenging to start but I eventually got the hang of it!



So, there you have it- a Very Knitty Christmas!

2 comments:

Smitten Knitten said...

Great holiday knitting!

Jill L said...

Here's my blogspot http://jglsjourneys.blogspot.com/
and I will hook up to you on google reader. Great knitting -- love everything and I still have to do "Fetching"

Jill from 360.